Clinical Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Ponesimod to Placebo in Subjects With Active Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis Who Are Treated With Dimethyl Fumarate (Tecfidera®)
This clinical study compares the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of therapy with ponesimod vs placebo in subjects with active RMS who are treated with DMF (Tecfidera®).
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Eligible Ages
- Between 18 Years and 55 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Signed informed consent prior to initiation of any study-mandated procedure.
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test and use reliable methods of contraception
- Presenting with a diagnosis of MS as defined by the revised (2010) McDonald Diagnostic Criteria for MS with relapsing course from onset (i.e., relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), or secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS) with superimposed relapses).
- Ongoing treatment with DMF for at least 6 months prior to screening
- Active disease after at least 3 months of DMF treatment
- Ambulatory and with an EDSS score between 0 and 6.0 (inclusive).
- Lactating or pregnant women and women intending to become pregnant during the study.
- Presenting with a diagnosis of MS with progressive course from onset (i.e., primary progressive MS or progressive relapsing MS).
- Evidence of a relapse of MS with onset within 30 days prior to baseline EDSS assessment.
- Any circumstances or conditions, which, in the opinion of the investigator, may affect full participation in the study or compliance with the protocol.
- Phase 3
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- Quadruple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)
- NCT ID
Study ContactStudy Contact