A Single-Use Duodenoscope in a Real-World Setting
This study will assess how the aScope™ Duodeno endoscope performs in procedures that treat problems of the bile and pancreatic ducts.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Subject is ≥ 18 years old. 2. Subject is indicated and scheduled for an elective, non-emergent ERCP. 3. Subject is willing and able to give informed consent and HIPAA authorization.
- Subject has altered pancreaticobiliary anatomy including: 1. Billroth II 2. Roux-en-Y gastric bypass 3. Loop gastric bypass 4. Post-Whipple 5. Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomy 2. Subject requires an emergency ERCP (emergent decompression procedure within 6-12 hours of presentation to prevent life-threatening sequelae). 3. Subject has any of the following severe co-morbid conditions 1. Morbid obesity (BMI ≥ 40) 2. Unstable cardiopulmonary conditions 3. Severe and uncorrectable coagulopathy 4. Severe and uncorrectable thrombocytopenia 4. Subject has clinically significant esophageal, pyloric or duodenal strictures. 5. Subject is pregnant or female with reproductive capability who is unwilling to have a pre-procedure pregnancy test and use birth control. 6. Subject is actively taking an anticoagulant or antiplatelet agent other than aspirin. 7. Subject, in the opinion of the Investigator, has a severe comorbidity, poor general physical/mental health and/or a condition that will not allow the subject to be a good study candidate.
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Single Group Assignment
- Intervention Model Description
- Prospective, Non-Randomized, Single-Arm, Post-Market Observational Study
- Primary Purpose
- None (Open Label)
aScope™ Duodeno endoscope and aBox™ Duodeno
|Eligible subjects who are undergoing non-emergent, clinically indicated ERCP using aScope™ Duodeno endoscope and aBox™ Duodeno.||
- Ambu A/S
Study ContactElizabeth Smith
+1 410 980 2356
This is a prospective, non-randomized, single-arm post-market observational clinical study that will assess the single-use Ambu® aScope™ Duodeno for non-emergent, standard of care (SOC) ERCP procedures.